Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Off the Wall.....Day.


I took a shot of this large mural on the band room wall yesterday. One of the art students painted it on the wall during the summer.






I think that it was a CD design that she copied for the design.  I have yet to read the words on it.  Did you notice the heat pipes that are coming down from the ceiling?









Get your duck into a row please.  I noticed this guy sitting in the special education room.  He is an interesting character and has a very soft covering.  He sits on the desk looking like she would be laying an egg into a round container.














The uniform of the past is this W-G band coat.  It hangs on the wall above, looking down to the present band students.  My two sons wore this coat when they were in marching band back in the 1990's.  Of course instructors change and ideas change.  The band now wears slip over slickers of all the same color with blue jeans.  I think it is sad that they were retired as some of the bands in the area are moving back into this kind of uniform.  The larger schools are into performing in marching contests now and wear the hats with the fluffy ostrich feather.








 Another "off the wall" thing to share today is the photo of moose antlers.  The teacher I am subbing for is the owner and I do know the story behind them.  A previous high school science teacher had them and wanted someone to take them. They hang at the back of the room and everyone just knows that they are there.  I was looking around for things to shoot photos of and I thought wow, I almost missed that one.  It is a lot like not seeing the forest because of the trees.



I will finish off today with something coming from the ground.  I think they are daffodils and will know for sure in a few weeks when the buds shoot up from the ground.  We are promised rain storms today in the late afternoon and evening. It is another busy day.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a cool mural, and No I didn't notice the heat pipes right away. That artist did a great job.
Sad that most schools don't have a marching band anymore, so even seeing a band at a parade anymore is a big thing around here.
You will have blooms before long! :)

Vicki Lane said...

Love that mural! And the moose antlers too.

Anonymous said...

You've captured some interesting and unique things. I was always too bashful to join the band but most all of my friends were involved. We've had sunshine but rain is due tomorrow.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice antlers!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Very nice artwork and looks like spring is on the way to you.