Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weekend Happenings......


A new cactus that I photographed yesterday afternoon has bloomed it first for me.  The photo was just downloaded onto picasa and I see that the program decided to give my a black and white version also of it. You can see the other shot in colr on my Photo a Day blog by clicking here.




I ended up with over 70 plus tomato plants as I finished transferring them to bigger individual pots.  I do not plant that many tomatoes in the summer garden so I will be giving them away once they get a little bigger.  Those who receive them could babysit with them in their window rather than having them all fill my windows.  I never intended to plant that many seeds but the tiny seeds are so easy to drop in the ground.

I see that the next thing to work on is to get these three newly sprouted violets into their individual pots.  The yellow one concerns me so I am going to let the ground dry out a little more before I lift it. I think it is over-watered and yes it might just outright die because of it.




 I am getting blooms from the hardy geraniums but those plants are being removed for the window for space for  the new tomato plants.  I will probably have to clip back a bunch of new starts from the geraniums as they have grown really unmanageable long stems. They won't be happy with me putting them in lower light.  I don't have good luck starting clipping of geraniums in water but I might give it a go anyway.




It was below freezing this morning when we got up. I had ice on the water pans that I put out for the birds.  The squirrels are still at it but I guess it is like photographing wildlife so I just keep snapping shots.  We have a very large mother coon hanging around as she cleans up the bird seed and leftover cat food on the side porch. She is out only at night.  The feral cats are eating more now with the weather warming up and some tom cats are in really sad shape from fighting other tom cats.

It was a good day at the bookstore yesterday even thought the wind made it feel like winter.  Walking to the mall and back reminded us we should have worn our winter coats.  We made it to Good Friday services and now will be headed in for Sunday school and Church tomorrow.  We are alone so we try to eat out but it is hard to do so on Easter Sunday.  The big places are filled with lots of families so we will have to figure out a smaller place in which to go eat.  I you don't check in tomorrow I will wish you a happy Easter today.  Thanks for stopping by today.