Friday, September 4, 2015

The Final Day............


My journey outside in the heat seemed difficult but things seem to be happening out there.  All my roses are responding to the heat as all have buds and blooms on them.  The particular rose was a surprise for me to see and this morning I see the bud on the right is wide opened. It is a tough rose as it never has frozen in the winter and this bloom time is its third one.


I have a new routine that includes going into the garden shed and finding things to throw away each Friday.  I actually find it earlier and then it goes out with the garbage on Friday.  As I clear more things out under the bench I can store things that I really want.  I still have not sorted my late brothers construction tools.  I find it difficult to toss things but I will be able to organize sets of boxes under the bench for them.  My brothers full box of electric connectors and pliers and stuff related would be great for some guy or gal to have but not for me.  I have his bucket of tools still in the bucket and hanging on the side of the bucket in leather compartments.  It is just as it was when I came to the house after he had passed away.  I have removed carpenter pencils and small tools out of there but I need to deal with that bucket. I could be collecting rain water in the bucket.











It is a "what is it?" kind of photo for you today.  I had the students in art class make wood sculptures from scrap wood and this one was my creation.  I always thought it would make a good real sculpture just like the big time artists. If it ever gets wet the paint will go away and then I might just have to have a bonfire. I will hang onto for a while longer.









This morning glory grows out of a can at the back porch.  I have yet to see a bloom on it and yet I do think I see some tiny bud forms coming.  One night of frost and the whole experiment will be over and the plant will proved to only be a foliage decoration.

One of our squirrels likes to crawl down from the kitchen roof and land on the end of the trellis.  He stands really still thinking we can not see him.  He is  young.  I think he is the only young one that stayed around of the five new squirrels. My wife says he looks like an ornament sitting there until you take that second look at him.








I am working on the mat today that goes with this crochet.  We stretch them out squarely on a foamcore backing and lightly spray starch it to help it keep its shape. When it is all done I will share the end result.  The photo makes it looks uneven as I took the shot at an angle. Click on the photo and you can see how well the lady did in her work.


A final photo that is entitled "Can you see the cat in this picture?"  Our neighbor's cat has found a new place to keep cool in the summer time.  There is a flagstone rock on the ground and the flagstone bench above that must make it a cool place to be. If I thought the cat was in real danger in our hot weather I would just carry him back home to be inside.  His cat friends and five dogs seems to be less desirable to him than the quiet peacefulness of our yard and side porch.



We will be hotter today than yesterday.  After it gets to be so hot it really doesn't make a difference with the numbers.  We are cool with low humidity inside and I bet we will stay that way for a while.  Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the cat! It's hot/humid here, too. We were just looking out the window at our red knockout roses; the bushes are just full of blooms. Your rosebuds are pretty. We are waiting for cooler temps to clean out/organize our garage, which is like a workshop for John. I have JUST enough room to pull the car in (if I turn the wheels slightly AFTER I drive in! lol)
I imagine nearby Lake Lanier will be busy this long weekend. We enjoy the peacefulness of the lake on weekdays. The squirrels always entertain us while we sit in the car and watch the boats and fishermen.
That is a lovely crochet piece; what very nice and thoughtful gift. I look forward to seeing the finished framing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have a garage sale! I don't know if I will have one yet this Fall, I hope to but the heat is a bugger hindering my garage clean up! If not Fall then Spring for sure! I hope you have a great weekend:)