Saturday, June 3, 2017

Stunning Colors.......


The colors and patterns or this iris makes it one of my favorite of my cemetery iris.  I collected it at the Murray, Iowa cemetery from an area where the mower had run over it to keep it from invading the whole place. That has been maybe a dozen years ago and now it has become a large specimen from one small rhizome. I moved a large set of rhizomes of it already so I should get blooms next year.

The honeysuckle vine is at the far southeast side of the house and we don't really see it much.  I caught an image of it even though is is almost spent. The orange is just as striking in color as the blue iris.



The roses are going well right now.  I am thinking that when there are spent blooms that I need to trim them back.

I have been off the blogs for a while and I may not still get back on full time.  My wife's cousin has been placed in a hospice now and we still are making visits.  We are exhausted but glad we can be there for the cousin.  I appreciate you stopping by today on this very hot day.  Have a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to learn your cousin has been moved to hospice. May the Lord bless her. Bless you both for your love and care of her.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am so sorry Larry, but I am glad you are there for her and her husband. It must be a difficult time for you all. Take Care