Friday, September 15, 2017

No Photo Overload this Time......


I did not notice at the time but the dove is sitting there with his tail in the water. It sat there for a long time but I still could not get the perfect focus on him. Shooting through an upstairs window does give me a disadvantage.


This is one of those, "you should have been there" moments.  Yesterday morning while out with Barney in the front yard there was morning twilight. The moon was clear white, a planet was clear white and a dozen stars were twinkling. The angle was just perfect for the rising sun to reflect off of them. Of course, when I went to the back yard deck, the angle changes and all you can see is the moon. I am not sure that I ever have seen a morning twilight before yesterday.  I think I read that some places where there was a full eclipse that they saw daylight twilight.


The sunrise had a gentle low set of colors this morning. The larger tree on the right has a dead branch on it that became my focal point on my Photo A Day blog this morning. Zooming in on this view gave me a completely different set of colors and light.


We are having great weather right now for hardy geraniums. Maybe not for all geraniums but this posted one is really liking the light and extra water I give it.  This plant has been blogged about probably over three  years now.  I am sure my regulars are saying to them selves, "move on buddy".

I am looking forward to a lot of different jobs today. I hung a peg board in my basement yesterday and now have the task of filling it up with tools.  I have been needing one installed but was not getting board of holes purchased. While picking up wood for the stairs on Wednesday, a pile of four foot square pieces were sitting right in front of me.  It was the time to ponce and bring it home.

I hope all are well out there.  I know that there are still forest fires out there that our press is choosing not to cover. I know that many people have lost their homes.  One blogger I keep praying for as she sits in the middle of it all and did stay in her home.  I am trusting that her problem is electoral outage and keep watching for her on the blog.  Thank you for stopping by the post today.  Everyone take care .

1 comment:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Larry, this was the first time I can recall seeing the pink geraniums, so no repeat for me. I have never seen a morning twilight and will take you word for "you should have been there."