Saturday, September 2, 2017

Saturday's Stuff.......


Starting off with a "kapow"of color and then I will retreat to some pastel colors for this blog.


I stopped watering things for a while and I could see I had a tomato plant showing some decline because of it.  I watered again last night and I do think they needed it. We did get some good rains last week but we don't have a lot of sub moisture.

The yard does seem to be coming back from its dormant state.  We still have large dry areas but sprouts of green are coming back. I have not trimmed back any flowers at this point but I expect that will need to be done to prolong the bloom time

<


From the project side of things, I made this tray for my wife's new easel.  It had a large tray to catch pastel dust from the work.  As pastel is used the dust lands below. The tray is nice but it is so large that she could not reach the work.  I found some underlayment wood and bought some trim board to glue up a thinner tray.  Of course, I used Gorilla Glue to hold all those piece together.

The finished tray will catch the dust and allow my wife to clean it each time after she works.  I had a stray can of spray finish.  I must have bought it for a frame project. The spray put on thin layers that allowed me to give it a few coats to seal the wood.

The tray that came with the easel will be placed beside the easel to hold the different sticks of pastels while she works. I bet a few pastels will be placed in the new tray too as she works.

The wall in here studio has this arrangement of art work. The light was low so the kitty really isn't blurry but the camera thinks that it is.

Between times of mowing at the old place I was able to dig up a rose and a regal lily.  The rose has done poorly were it was planted because a tree now shades it.  I know it has to be about 30 years old so it was hard to dig.  The name I believe is Red Blaze and it is a climber.  The lily was from my grandmothers garden and I never saw it bloom this year but there is evidence that it had done so.  I will plant them with some new store-bought soil as to give them a chance to a new life out in the sun.

I wish everyone to have a great weekend.  Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

A Colorful World said...

Love that pastel easel tray! How wonderful! The artwork is lovely. As I start painting again now I wonder where I am going to display my work! Lovely zinnias, too.