Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday's Post.....


The fall weather does seem to make these flowers look brighter.  They are getting the second day of light rain, which should help prolong their lives.

Some of the earliest blooms are just spent.  They have shut down and look like ghosts of themselves. It is fun to point the camera in the area and just see what composition that can be created. I like the old one contrasted to the two alive blooms.



I shared this insect on my photo a day blog also. He was kind of a shock to see while looking over the best flowers to photograph. The praying mantis seems to come in all colors and sizes. It was sprinkling a little when I took this shot and he didn't seem to be bothered by the rain.



The surprise for me to see looking across the garden is this one clematis putting out one more bloom. It looks so pink and I didn't remember much color on it The fall bloom shows the pinks lines better than the blooms of the past.  I am wondering if my one application to help clear pictures didn't eliminate that pinkish color as I just thought it was predominately white.  I will return some to the archives and see what they looked like back then at least a month ago

My antique Folgers can is in great shape and it is holding three spindles.  One has the string on it with soft thread wound around the spindle. I was given those from a friend but I don't even remember when that was.

I mentioned earlier that we are wet.  It is predicted to stay that way for a couple of more days. I worked at the old place for a short period of time.  My clothes and shoes were all wet as I hauled some things to the curb for town clean-up day.  Most of my things were made of metal and I am sure that the recycler people will have that in their trucks by night fall. The pick up seems to be an open time for people to pick up other peoples junk if they want to. I won't return tomorrow to keep myself from finding new, old things to own.

I am looking forward to the weekend.  I wish you all well. Thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Awesome Mantis! Lucky find in your flowers. I used to chase those things all over as a kid. ( I used to keep them as "pets" and feed them crickets and grasshoppers) They are suck a cool insect.

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful! Love the flowers and the preying mantis.