Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday's Moments.....


While heading to work this morning I saw this next to the bridge. They seemed to be enjoying the northern breeze and the would soar and float in large numbers. I was not there long and really needed to get to work but they started soaring directly above me.  I was delayed for a while longer as I kept my camera pointing up.


I had decided to get to work and I would stop in again at noon.  They were all gone. I could not see them anywhere.  I assume they went south.

I had my camera with me this time and didn't have to use the cell phone camera.  I do have a lot of trouble with the camera though as I am staying out in the bright open sun.  With the automatic system, I can not see in the viewfinder.  I snap and hope that I did get something to look at.

I did get to my old place and most all of the lawn is now mowed.  It took awhile as it was very tall. I had my self powers Lawn Boy and I just let it plow through and cut it all down. It did a great job.  Mowing the two lawns in one day may not happen for me.  I will have to rest for awhile to see if I can get the new place fixed up.  I have more plants to put into the ground now as I found my only white peony and dug it.  I also had hollyhocks coming up and I brought two of those plants with me.



I wish everyone to have a great day. I am concerned about some of my blogger friends.  I am hoping the brunt of that now tropical storm isn't too hard on them.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Red said...

Pelicans are very majestic fliers.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful bird shots!

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! Great pox!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Zinnia is such a pretty soft pink color and it has great visitors! :)