Friday, October 13, 2017

The Weekend is Coming......


Early morning and it is cool inside the house.  We had to run air the night before to cool it off for Barney. I left it on air, so now we are running the fireplace to heat the living room.  It seems to all work for now.  Cozy cup of coffee on a dull hazy day.

I planted it all yesterday. A pink rose bush, two or three parts of peony plants and I tried to move some hollyhock plants.  The hydrangea looks good there against a blank part of the back side of the house. We are cool and damp and we had just a sprinkle of rain this morning. As the fall season has set in, I really don't know that I will move anything more. It is the best time to do it but I can't take a sample of everything that I have at the old place.

I am trying to get the last of the outside world done now and I really have run out of time. I caulk and wood putty filled  some problem areas to help make sure everything is sealed in.  Now that there is a new furnace in the house and the north side of the house is sealed in well, the house should be warm in the winter.


Back at the new place I have this vine that I hate and I love.  It is nice to get vines to grow.  It just seems this vine is far too invasive.  I will have to cut it back this fall so it can start invading again. The railing looks this good as I have worked at pruning it all summer.

The vine and the floor thing that it does is kind of cute, but that too I have had to cut back often.  I would be curious to know if the former owner grew it to fill in the railings to make the deck more private.  I could see letting it take over but I do think it would take a half of a day to take it off in the fall. I did notice that the one fresh coat of deck paint put on for the sale of the house, is now fading away and was not a permanent cover.

Looking down on my backyard you can see my circle patterns made by the mower.  It gets boring to go back and forth so once in a while I circle the blue spruce for as far as I can before I go back to rigid up and down lines.

We have had a patch of sunshine show through at rare moments today.  It seems to be total fall now with out any sunshine.  I would like it to warm up some more now.

It is time to shut this show and move on now.  I hope all are well out there. My brother's house in California is safe in case you were wondering.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee by the fire would be nice. We woke to fog/misty rain but the sun came out late this aft. We ventured out to 2 estate sales today. Bought a few small items - I was thrilled to find a set of Olive Wood Christmas bell ornaments for Karen, since her son is currently visiting Israel and may or may not be able to bring home a souvenir for her. I'm thankful your brother is safe.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear your brothers house is ok. Those fires are awful :( I do the same thing with the mower round and round:)