Monday, November 18, 2019

Roman Arch.....


Roman domination of the countries all along the Mediterranean Sea influenced the architecture of so many buildings.










The architecture of the old in heavy stone used the arch for their opening as well as the more newer churches of the country. I am getting closer to being able to identify where the photos were taken but I am going to wait until I can not give out any false information.

We thawed again today and I mowed up my leaves from my one tree in the backyard. It is going to stay warm enough that I don't have to panic in getting them all cleaned up.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I love these pictures.
I am glad you were able to mulch up the fallen leaves. We've had some rain but today we have sunshine.
I believe I remember Della had food poisoning a while back. I posted about a bacteria I recently got from eating out. No fun at all.
I hope you both are recovering from the time change.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Spectacular pictures Larry, the trip of a lifetime !
Yes, the Roman's were indeed ahead of the world when it came to architecture, their influence is still woven into most of Europe.
Hope the weather turns milder for you.
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looking through these photos to share and seeing the sun might make you wish you were back on your travels instead of working outdoors in chilly weather.