Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Tuesday's a Good Day....


 


 

There are two of them out there trying to push off each other from the two feeders.  The can visit the zinnias so no one is starving. 





I planted more hostas along the base of the stairs.  I dug them out of the one area of clay and have spread about five of them along the stairs back to the second platform.  I like how they will take off and grow no matter what time of the season as long as I keep them watered. I water the morning glory boxes every day so I can slop over to the hosta to give them moistlure. 



This tomato is destined to be tonight's supper. Add toast, bacon, lettuce, mayonnaise and you have a summer sandwich. We are not keeping up with the crop so I did give three tomatoes to the neighbor to the south.  

I bought three more bags of mulch today along with some edging material.  The edging looks like a lot of work so I will wait on that for a few days.  I bought a new solar light for my front memorial garden area.  I don't really know what happened tot he one that was out there but I have a new shinny one. 

We have cool weather so it is nice to be out working this morning.  I will do some more for another two hours and then I am done for the day.

Thanks for stopping in today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Fabulous pictures of the Hummingbird!

Val Ewing said...

We have yellow tomatoes this year and they are doing great.
That is a nice looking tomato. We've been having ours nightly too with some added to the freezer.

Today will be lawn mowing day since we had rain and nicer temps!