Thursday, September 10, 2026

Friday is Coming


 The morning colors were wonderful for only a certain period of time. Within minutes from my taking the shot it all went dull and gray blue. 


 Another batch of flowers came into the house as I cut down things in the cottage garden. I had to cut back zinnias that were invading the growth of other flowers. Once I got done trimming things back I found the iris that I wanted to rescue was all rotted and gone. 


 My geraniums have started to go into decline. The one lone white bloom is all that is left on this plant. I will start to dig them for winter, growing them in my basement window. 


 I dug rhubarb today for some friends. I am concerned that I didn't get true roots of it.  So tomorrow I will take a hose to it and see what I did capture. If it doesn't look good, I will dig more on another plant. I saw a video today that said I should be using my potato fork to get it out of the ground. After an doctor's appointment this morning I came home and mowed some parts of my backyard.  I have areas in the yard that now don't need to be mowed so I will just mow the shaggy stuff. 


 A still life of cans is on the counter. We recycle but sometimes we reuse them. My wife takes some for her painting work and I take some for the basement for varnish. Anything that isn't taken gets to go into the recycle bin. 

Thursday is almost over and Friday is coming. I like the good weather for now and I can get more outside things done.  Rain may interrupt us again but I will just work around it. Thanks for checking in today.  

 

No comments: