Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Hotter than Hot


 The sunflowers that are blooming still but most of them are the small ones. The colors are still neat.



 


The moss rose put out a different color of bloom. It has been so slow to grow. Maybe in a couple of days it will have two blooms opening at the same time.  I did work outside this morning but not for my normal amount of time  It was very hot. I moved some hosta around and dug up one last iris that needed to be moved to a better growing location. 

The grass has turned brown overnight and things are really dry. Usually when we get this hot we have severe storms. We did get rainstorms in the northern part of the state but we didn't budge from 96 degrees F. and had no rain.  I made a trip to the grocery store and that concrete parking lot really reflected heat up into my face. Our heat index is at about 101 degrees F. Thanks for stopping by today. I guess I will go get a cup of coffee. 

No comments: