Sunday, December 27, 2015

Pile on the Snow.....




The prediction is said that we will add 6 or more inches of snow to the old layer.  It is to start on Monday at 6 am. How they know the exact time is always a fascination to me.


I don't have a lot of seed left for the birds but I will feed them for as long as I can. Maybe I can borrow some from a neighbor.




My garage sale item, birdhouse, had a sun on it as a decoration but it fell off.  The snowman design won't come off so during a snow it looks normal now with real snow on its roof. All summer it looks really strange.







When all else happens we can sit and eat apples and oranges in our dining room window and watch the snowstorm.  Our Chicago area family was too sick to come on the day after Christmas.  Our son was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday and I was glad they all stayed home. We seem colder today and will stay in as much as we can. We are enjoying some time off and are eating turkey dinner leftovers for a while.  I hope all are well out there and thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

Patsy said...

My you did get snow!
we have our air conditioner on and that is not normal.

Sorry your son is so sick, one of our girls has ear ache the other
has bronchitis and the last one just got over pneumonia.
That time of the year I guess.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Goodness! We have NO snow here in Wellman. Seeing your pics is rather shocking since it has been in the upper 30's all day today.( with bare green ground) Good thing I changed the Oil today instead of tomorrow. I guess Iowa City is just on the edge of the front. Looks like Tomorrow will change all that though...we shall see.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read your son has pneumonia. Praying the medicine helps him very soon. We have been snacking on oranges and apples, also. I can't imagine all your snow. You and I both commented on Connie/Far Side's blog about their near miss in the snow. So scary.
You two take care and have a good evening.

The Furry Gnome said...

Can't believe you're getting more snow, and we don't have any yet!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope everyone that is sick gets better soon, it is no fun to be sick this time of year. We were below zero up here last night, it is much cooler than it has been. I feel much better today and hope to keep improving:)

KathyB. said...

It sounds like a cozy time indoors for you as you eat leftovers and admire the snow. I hope no one else gets sick and your son gets better quickly.

Kris said...

NO snow here so far this year. 2" of rain Sat-Sun though. Doesn't feel like winter at all. Nice to know someone got a white Christmas. :-D