Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Tooooosday......


The beginning of the task is to bring all the boxes upstairs.  They are not so heavy but the most I can carry at once is three at a time.


Once everything is upstairs then the fun begins.  We get the snow all arranged and then my wife begins creating her village.  Once everything is in place then I step in to do the lights.




I can't always get a focused shot because of the need for low light so the lights inside the buildings will shine out. I took a few quick shots and I was surprised that they didn't look blurry. This will be the last of any decorations to be displayed.  We leave the village up through January as it a little bit more than a Christmas decoration.  I have a first cousin that leaves up a farm set of buildings year round to remind her of the history of the area where she lives.





The tree that had lights on it only was altered last night.  I had a batch of cheap plastic balls for an outside tree.  I decided that it wasn't that decorative for the work I put in it so I didn't do it this year. I brought up the box and selected a few to put on the tree, that might fall down.  It took less than 15 minutes to hang them and the results were great.  I leave the lights on with this tree all night so those who are out and about can enjoy it.  It also is a great nightlight when you take the little dog outside at night. The dining room glows with the lights on at night.





I am frustrated that I can't find my box of brass sleigh bells.  I haven't seen them for a couple of years.  I know what the antique wood box looks like. I can always go back and look at them in a blog I did about them a few years ago but I want to see them in real life again.







I picked up a job today for a high school pe instructor.  I waited for a while but no one seemed to want it.  It isn't a full day of work and 4 out of 6 of the classes that I cover will be classroom health classes.  The end is coming to the getting things done around here.  We shipped off a painting and two boxes of presents yesterday and that should be the end of that.

The Christmas card situation is what it is. It gets done when I can find a free time to do it.  It will be a half letter day this year rather than a full sheet.  Maybe I will fill it up with photos of the grandson.  We bought presents yesterday morning and we will go shopping again when I get off work today.  I an assuming that I won't get work tomorrow so we can work on the list again tomorrow.  We are both feeling a lot draggy right now but we will bounce back.

All the weather seems different but it is normal as we never have the same winter ever.  We had a foggy morning today and it will warm up some today.  I hope all are doing well today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Your home must look lovely.
Merry Christmas!

Patsy said...

We are in and wanting for bad weather today!
But the house looks merry, You have a good day and stay dry.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You put your sleigh bells away too good! We do that around here too:)