Monday, December 14, 2015

Snow......For A While


I was very tired of the cold rain but by 7:00 in the morning it was dropping down large globs of snow. It is a nice change but we have too much moisture already.  It rained the past 24 hours maybe longer, I wasn't keeping track of the hours specifically.  I do know now that I have a creek running through my basement, a small one, that forms when the soil gets too saturated. It will run from the south end to the north end where there is a drain to accommodate it.



I bought a one pound box of nails to put down the 5/8 inch wood.  I didn't have a clue how many I needed but this is what I had left over.  I did discover that I did have drywall screwsI could have use.  All my other kinds of things I could have used were 4 inches long or greater.  I had 4 inch screws also but that would be overkill to hold down my roof. I actually should have bought the larger box and then I would have leftover nails for later projects.










I gave an exblog friend a quilting book of my mother's when I was closing down the house.  I thought she should have it rather than having me eventually toss it.  She found on a super sale a fisherman ornament and a fish ornament.  It fits our tree as my dad was such an avid fisherman.  It is nice when you hang ornaments that they have stories that come with them.










I really don't know what kind of fish it is.  It may be a spotted trout.  My dad usually fished for Northern Pike and occasionally catch a walleye.  The size of the fish is as large as the fisherman hanging next to it on the tree.








Our largest tree is now done and I can start to carry the boxes to the basement.  Everything is such a mess until all the things are placed for display.  I worked the afternoon in the business room at school.  We reviewed income tax forms and one skills group of junior high age built structures.  The structures were made from toothpicks and gum drops.  They had to build it tall and place books on them for strength.  The one that held the most books plus the height made them their final score.

I am hoping the rain will stop soon as we warmed up and lost most of the snow.  The rain was still dripping out there when I arrived to school.  I hope all is well with everyone.  Thank you for stopping by today. 

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Love that fish ornament!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Fisherman and the fish are both great stories...especially as you know the big ones always get away and in this case it is on your tree. We are to get a storm starting late Tuesday. We are all set for it, my new shovel is ready and we will fill all the bird feeders tomorrow as there is usually a feeding frenzy before a storm. Luckily we can just stay home :)

Kris said...

No snow here. Only have had a light patchy crusting of white back in November which only lasted a couple hours. You've sure been getting the precip. We got all of .1" yesterday. Very dry here. Still mild. Your ornaments are pretty!