Monday, June 29, 2009

Everything is growing....


I spent the entire morning working outside. The wind was great as it kept me feeling cooler than it actually was. Mowed the larger part of my yard. I do it in two days anymore, as it breaks up the time outside and I don't mow all in one time. I put down newspaper between my tomato plants and put down the grass clippings. Two of my fellow bloggers I follow do this and I think it should work great. Planted a few petunias that were suppose to be on special, but they hadn't told the master computer yet, but I was ok with it. I fertilized today as I never get around to it and just had to do it today. I have three rain barrels on my property so I can get quick water fills from watering can and am not paying the city for water. Oh yes, I picked red raspberries. The photo is the batch that I picked two days ago and today I picked the same size container and filled that one to the top. I need to work with my raspberry patch so I will have to research how it is suppose to be set up. I bought one plant three years ago at a fundraiser sale and I now I have these plants that are producing. They seem to be on the ground rather than stand up so I need to see if I need to stake them. I didn't say that my wife is making me a pie this evening. Wow that is like having pie made with gold.
My wife planted the area in front of our Art Gallery sign and the plants are just now really filling in to look good. I fertilized them and need to water them more often.
I have a covered gate and this is what you see when you look through the trellis. The hostas are only a year old so they are doing well.
Last fall Della's dad who was living with us had me plant this for him to keep in his window in his room. He had to be farming even when you are 98. Now that he is gone, I built this shelf for it to help shade it and maybe get it through our hot summers. In the middle of the end plants is a pink one and it will bloom this year. Thanks for reading.......

3 comments:

The Retired One said...

Wow..those raspberries are wonderful!!! Raspberries are my FAVORITE pie...what time should I be there?
ha

Unknown said...

We pick wild black raspberries. I've made a cobbler and a pie already. Both were devoured really fast along with the homemade ice cream we made saturday evening with the g-kids. I'm also freezing berries for jam this winter. Tomorrow, I will go picking again. I'm hoping to get enough for another pie.

The weather was much more enjoyable here today too.
Your plants look nice.

L. D. said...

when I was a kid on the farm we would find dew berries, or black raspberries growing wild. At one time my brother had a FFA project and planted black raspberry plants. He put in a wire for them to grow on, but I don't think my red ones will vine unless I tie them to the wire. Next time will make cobbler as there won't be as many berries left for a pie. Our pie is smelling good right now. I wish I had some homemade ice cream or real cream right now.