Friday, June 5, 2009

Wooden Pump....


I created this wooden pump to pour water into my sunken cattle tank. It is a work in progress as I have to get it planted in all the way around. I keep my fish in here. In the fall it is easier to get them out as they are in a controlled area. The two koi do well in there and the gold fish love it too. I will probably have to put a wire screen on it when I put in the fish as the raccoon is still hanging around. I lost a very large koi to the raccoon and I don't want to do that again. Once I have planted it in I will snap and after picture.
Spent the day throwing junk away at my parents old place. Had another visit to the landfill again. They are a sad sight and somehow we have to quit making so much that needs to be thrown away without thought. My mother kept everything and most all of it had no value. So now it is all out in the side of a hill being covered up with dirt and clay. Brought home another oak dresser with mirror. Pictures are on their way. Thanks for reading....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate raccoons, they are nasty and distructive.

I laughed at myself after I read your comment on my blog last night. I didn't give it a thought that I was sending a guy over to look at an English Cottage garden with all her teacups, lace and pretty photography. LOL! If you scroll through her blog you will see several attractive gardens throughout her estate. Glad you weren't insulted.
Design is where I get hung up. I have a green thumb and I understand color, but trying to come up with a plan is where I freeze. I have a lot of green space (2+ acres) that I would like fill with color.

Your water pump is cool. I thought about building a water feature but decided it would be too much maintenance for my busy schedule. And again, where would I put it? Remember.. that's where I get stuck.

I love - love - love the color of your house!! Don't ever change it! I don't see pink, I see raspberry sherbert.;D