Monday, September 27, 2010

Claritin Clear, no not really.......


I am under the weather with a sinus infection that just won't stop.  The pain is real compared to just a stuffy nose.  I took a Claritin and I am now a zombie.  I don't take meds without going to sleep so to speak.  I did get some mowing done outside.  I had not mowed the yard for a couple of weeks as the grass has slowed down in it's growing.  This yellow rose is budded with four more blooms to come.  It is like the final yellow rose of Texas ushering me out through the fall.


I grabbed another pile of photos from upstairs that need to be sorted. I can do that in pain. I found a few more pictures to post of the days gone by on my Sepia Saturday blog.  I found some sad ones that just tell such sad stories of times long ago.  My brother also took photos at one of the funerals we had the past few years.  Why does he do that?  I don't like having group pictures of people with a casket behind them. I guess I would have rather just remembered who was there and not shoot random shots.






To solve my downloading problem, I created an individual  file in my Picasa account called "in the bank."  It is an extra step with an extra window up on the screen but I am putting my photos in that "bank" and am withdrawing them onto my blog.  It works but I am not happy about it.  Zinnia photos  are everywhere so I will keep sharing them not to have wasted a one. All photos by Burgus must be seen.  Not really but it does add some variety to what is on here.



My oxalis get to grow in the real earth during the summer and I now have two plants of them.  They definitely will not survive the frost so they will  have to be dug in a few weeks.  My birch tree is dropping dead leaves this year.  I don't know if I will get to see a yellow flash of color from it or not.  I hope that it does turn for me normally.

Well the yard is done, the blogs are now caught up for the day.  I am finishing my second cup of coffee and I am heading to the asprin bottle.  The Clariton dried my sinus cavities but that didn't make me feel better.  Sleep is coming over me as most medications cause that effect to me.

As my dear friend in France says,  "Ahh, tomorrow!"

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well L.D. I hope you are soon feeling much better. We don't like taking medicines either but did take Ny-Quil when we were sick with that cold/flu bug a couple of weeks ago. I've still got a bit of a cough, as the thing seems to hold on in my chest.

Love your yellow rose. It's very cheering.

Be well, and enjoy your day tomorrow.

FlowerLady

Alan Burnett said...

Sorry to hear that you are a little under the weather - but glad to hear that you have managed to get some Sepia Saturday scanning undertaken. Looking forward to seeing the results,

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you feel better soon..of course all your photos should been seen..mine too..Fat chance that will ever happen..I have way too many. Don't struggle with a system that is just workable loading those photos..fix it..I know you can...and it will be ok:)