Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday's findings.............


My blue boy is surviving out there on the corner of my property.  He is a little upset with me with the stray grass growing up around him.


One last coneflower. It bloomed a couple of days ago and is very late as all of the others are now gone.


The rhubarb is reviving one more time.  You can see the fallen pear from the tree nearby. The pears were bad but plentiful.  The bees and butterflies are enjoying the rotting fruit.

Worked on the house yesterday and will be back at work at home on framing.  I am not looking forward to the cooler weather that comes at this time of the year.  The earth has started to tilt and we are having shorter days.  The hurricane threats seem to always mess up our weather also.  We were cloudy most of the day with lots of moisture in the air.

Thanks for stopping by...........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute statue. I'm not a fan of cold weather either. We were just talking about how long the nights seem once the time changes and it gets dark so very early. Hope you both will have a nice weekend.

Linda said...

Nature is definitely winding down. What a shame about your plentiful-but-bad pears. But as you say, at least the bees and butterflies are happy.

Gigi Ann said...

It was a lovely day in my little corner of Iowa today.

The Retired One said...

My coneflowers have been blooming since late July and is practically the only flowers other than mums that I have left.
We have had two days of frost here, so the gardens are getting over. I don't know if I am ready for another long winter! ha