Sunday, November 14, 2010

A late post of the fall finale........

Viburnum plicatum var. tomentosum 'Summer Snowflake'.........

As you can see by my background I am destined to photograph dead things only in the near future.  I drove through snow today on the highway, that had fallen off of a car or truck.  We didn't have any but not too far from us they got dumped on with a foot of snow.  It was strange seeing a pile of snow on the highway.  I am at a loss of what shrub this is as it was a blog mystery for awhile to get it identified.  If I research it and find it on my blog I will give you that name of it.  The leaves all turned red or deep maroon in color. I did find the post and the name of it and I edited the blog.
It a quiet day here and we are all moving slow and are tired. The wind has stopped blowing and the rain is done for a few days.  Thanks for stopping by........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very colorful leaf and familiar but I can't recall the name for anything! My nephew is in MN and had his first big snow this weekend. I hope you both have had a restful day.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a pretty color. I wonder if it's a type of Viburnum? I'm not very good at id'ing shrubs. I'm looking forward to some snow this year since we didn't have any last year.
It's good to have a slow day once in awhile to get caught up on some rest.

Sunny said...

Oh no...don't say snow! I used to love winter now the thought of it makes me cringe! Cold and dark at 4pm, what's to like? Brrrrr!
I'm clueless when it comes to plant names, it's a pretty color whatever it is though.
Have a great week.
☼ Sunny

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty fall finale:)