Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sage green and firetruck red..........


My sage did not die from the freeze so I will harvest it soon.  It is getting a free washing from the rain and I will cut it and hang it to dry.  It will make great sage dressing for Thanksgiving.


I have so many photos of the burning bushes that I have to check to see that I am not repeating a post. The other bush in the background is orange in color for some reason. 

Spent the day yesterday trying to fix a bad carpet installation.  It was installed many years ago but it was not done correctly.  They didn't stretch it enough so a large wrinkle or ridge forms right down the middle of the living room the past ten years.  I detached the edge of two sides and preceded to remove all the excess on the edges so that it can smooth out.  With special tools I pounded it back flat with just a hint of the ridge left.  I will return and get rid of the hint but I need a few days to rebuild my old body from such a job.  Working on the floor is not easy work and reworking others mistakes is frustrating.  I will have to redo a two seams which will be difficult but I don't back down on  a challenge.
We are having the kind of weather that keeps us in for the day, maybe even tomorrow.  Winter weather is fun only once in a while.  Thanks for stopping in and have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sage is so pretty and I love the fragrance. I also love sage dressing!
Your burning bushes have really been colorful this Autumn.
Working on the floor can be exhausting ~ reflux and bad knees prevent me from doing many of the things I once did. Hope you get the carpet like you want it. Someone is going to be very blessed by your parents' home.
Hope you both have a nice Saturday. Take care.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Larry..so you are a carpet installer/fixer too..you are a man of many talents! We are on the way North end of that storm system..no snow here yet:)