Saturday, March 9, 2013

Indoor gardening.......


It is blooming again.  I guess neglect is the best way to grow them.  Individual branches keep taking turns in putting on buds and then bloom.



I am going to cut up the violet in the foreground today and create at least three plants from it.  There may be more plants, I can't really tell for sure.  It is a mess of crowded plants and it makes it hard to water and looks bad.


A blurry shot of a leaf that has put out sprouts already since my last planting of leaves.



I was surprised to find these two leaves that had new starts.  It was ironic because I was just complaining about it on a previous blog about it taking so long.



I am planting tomato seed today.  I had to go to the shed and find a planting flat.  It took a long handled hoe to help me reach them down in my now again crowded garden shed.  I had dirt in a  window planter outside that I brought in and thawed out the soil.  I roughly placed the dirt in the little compartments of the flat but I wanted to wait until today for the soil to dry out and settle in a bit before I put the seed into the soil.  I have leftover seed from a couple of years ago of roma tomatoes and also some beefsteak seed.  Our days are longer now and it is just about the right time to start them.

Life has been rough around the edges around here for a few days.  I think today will be a good rainy day rest time for us. I am sure the springing forward will cause us a few days of dragging around tired.  I didn't adjust well when we turned it back so I hope it could be different this time.  It is the weekend and I hope all are well out there.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your flower table looks good! So do those tomatoes:)

Linda said...

I love these crinkly-edged cacti. Mine are all smooth-edged. If you were nearer I would ask you for a cutting!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

You do so well with the violets. Hope those tomato seeds sprout.
Very windy and warm here today. Suppose to get a dusting of snow tonight then warm again next week.
Take care.

Karen said...

Somehow I missed the birth announcement of Andrew James. CONGRATULATIONS! He is adorable.