Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Stuff........


This little cat really worries me as it is so wild.  It was up on the roof of the garden shed the other day warming itself and I was concerned about its getting down.  I really didn't have to worry as I neared the area it headed up to the top of the roof and went down the apple tree branch and down onto the ground.  I am going to start taking some food out there under the porch roof and hope that the cats eat it and not the raccoons.



A monarch blessed me with an unusual shot.  It is a good shot of it even though you have to look around in the photo to find it.  I snapped two good shots quickly while the mosquitoes where tearing at my flesh.  I got a couple of other shots but the butterfly didn't show in the pictures.





The impatience is doing well out on the side porch.  I did succeed in killing off a few branches of it by not noticing that the rain had filled up its bucket.  I drowned the plant. When it started to wither then I saw it was standing in full water. Too much water takes away the ability for the roots to get oxygen. Well I think that is what it is.

I use to try to grow these in my classroom and I did call them a waterweed.  I could not water it and it would droop and then when watered it would stand back up again.  I have never over watered them before but they don't like it. well at least a flood. Just like an African violet that gets too much water.  They do die.













Closing down for the day.  It seemed like a tiring day yesterday and I hope to catch up on some rest sometime today.  We are heading into a long heat spell now and we will wish it would be cold again.
Thank your for checking in on my blog today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning. Wishing you and your wife a blessed day. What a sweet kitty; his white markings on his face make it look like he brushed up against wet paint. These are beautiful flower photos. That butterfly on the sunflower is amazing.
We are due to have rain all day today.

Patsy said...

Have a good rest today!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay cool this week, I did outside work today so I wouldn't have to spend hours outside this week:)