Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunshine is Predicted.....


We had two locust trees down on the farm in southern Iowa. They were horrible trees with large thorns and distorted shaped limbs. They dropped limbs, leaves, sticks with thorns continually.  The locust that we have in the front yard is nothing like those trees.  I assume they have bred out the bad qualities to give one a decent tree. On the ground are the leaf bunches that have fallen to the ground.

I have a blanket of the leaves on the ground now. I think I will let them dry up before I deal with removing them. The don't tend to blow around so I can leave them for now.  The two bradford pears in the front yard are not thinking of dropping leaves. As my one neighbor says, they hang around too long.  I guess that is why he cut his two down. I am keeping my two trees.



It was a surprise to see these bunches of branched leaves falling from the tree. I know the old fashion locust would do that during a wind storm. I still can't forget the throne of the old trees as the barefooted boy would always step on one at least once in the summer.


I have a formal portrait of one of the clusters.  I think now it is called "over kill" with my handling of the locust tree.


The potted mandevilla did not bloom this year.  I should repot it and give it one more chance. I could just toss it too as it takes up space where I don't have a lot of space for a plant hospital.  We will wait and see what happens.

Normal Sunday activities for today. It really is warmer than a few days ago.  The light rain is almost done now and we won't need winter coats for now. I thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not ever seen a locust tree. The thorns, especially as a child, would have been terrible. You live in such a pretty neighborhood. I like the sidewalks. We have a light rain today.