Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturday’s Shots.....


As the sun shines it brightens the poinsettia that sits on the steps. The camera made a decision to just blank out the not lighted side of the door and window.  It makes for a great effect.


Those of you who have followed me for a while remember our kitchen window in the old house. We had a lot of larger blue bottles that sat in the window.  This is a meager representation of what we had before but it still is a nice look. The ledge is small and I did consider putting a wider shelf there. I think the sink’s faucet get into the way of anything bigger than this window sill.

The big old sansevieria is loving living in the basement with a bright window. The dark green is a first for it for quite a long time. It likes being planted in a larger pot and not being crowded anymore. All of the plants downstairs really are doing well.  I have to heat the area somewhat for the sake of the birds and the plants like that too.

It is cold again today but when the sun shines it is just a better day.  Thank you for stopping by today.






4 comments:

troutbirder said...

I think I missed something there but how do you grow red flowers out in the snow???

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love you blue glass in the window...I have an idea for you make a shelf that is wider but narrows where the faucet is:)

A Colorful World said...

I love the blue glassware in the window! I don't have many blue glass pieces and wish I did. Blue & white is my favorite for the kitchen! Lovely poinsettia shot, too!

Anonymous said...

The poinsettia photo is perfect. I do love that blue glass in the window. That is a lovely plant.