Monday, August 20, 2018

Rain, Off and On......




Fond memories of our visits to Minnesota are brought up as I see this rock. It has been pounded on the North Shore, rocks against rocks. It is as close as I am going to get to being in Minnesota this year.



The former owners dumped a rock collection that must have been in an indoor fountain, into the rocks around the house.  I picked them up and leave them out to see.  My oldest grandson had been here and I again found them scattered back into the rocks around the roses.  It bothers him that the rocks are not with all the other rocks.



The youngest grandson played in the bird bath and I noticed later that he too had placed rock in the bird bath. I added a bigger one for birds to perch on while admiring the water.




The vining honeysuckle did not bloom much this summer but some watering of the plant did bring out some new blooms. I like how there are little yellow blooms on the end of those long narrow horns.


The seed group from the Jack in the Pulpit plant is starting to turn red.  I remember seeing them in the wild and the red seed group would be laying on the forest floor.




The hosta grows in spite of its bad location.  The side of the house with lots of clay soil is the location.  Rhubarb is crowding it on the left and a volunteer tomato behind it is crowding it too.  The tomato plant is a yellow pear tomato that is so sweet to eat.  I know from experience that a lot of those tomatoes don’t make it into the house as I eat them on the spot, dirt and all.



We are receiving rains today.  We had a good rain in the middle of the night as I lay awake listening it. It was sprinkling when I took Barney this morning.  If it does what they say it is suppose to do, we will have moisture coming down all day.  The grass looks better already and maybe I can mow it to even it all out height-wise.  We have missed rains all around us for the entire month.

It is Monday and it will be a busy day at home today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: