Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday’s Stuff......


Saturday morning and the sun is back there somewhere.  I described on my Photo a Day blog that it was a clear sky, but I must be confused.  It has cooled down over night ant it seems to be less steamy outside.

I finally picked some tomatoes.  I wasn’t getting the job done but I only lost one of the tomatoes which was too ripe. The volunteer yellow pear tomato is putting out good tasting tomatoes now.

The statue sits among a variety of green plants.  I water in this area as the rose bush is behind this view.  I have volunteer morning glories coming u here as well as plants from the fallen birdseed from above. The two hosta plants are happy there too.



I have three day lilies that are still in bloom.  There are more buds so there will be more blooms. This is planted in three different locations.  It is a good color of flower.

I have watched birds before that would follow each other as the circle feed around the feeder. The one is a female finches the left and I am betting that the one on the right is the same.   They house finch are not fond of this new feeder as they are a little too big for it.  They do feed on it but not very often.

The dinner plate hibiscus continues to bloom.  It is a pale color.  The are so many buds on it that it should bloom for a long time. It is a hard bloom to photograph as the direct sun hits it all day. We have visitors today from Maine.  They were exhausted from all of the traveling and visiting of people along the way. Long plane flights, driving and visiting in the twin cities, and coming to Iowa made for a long adventure. They are anxious to see old college friends and downtown farmers market.  The farmers market is such a happening with flowers  and garden things, baked goods, cheese and corn. The people show up with their woks to cook Asian food and food on a stick is good too.

I hope all are doing well today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Love the Hibiscus!
Have a fun visit