Wednesday, April 15, 2020

My Wife's Birthday....


It is back. We were warned. We will just live with it. I have had some plants of spring that show damage.  I am not happy about that.


The snow helps to bring the birds in to the feeders.  It doesn't hurt that I just filled the feeders yesterday. I see a cow bird is out there trying to eat with all the others.


Our first view when we open the curtains is the two rows of houses on the next street. The child's play house also shows us the weather. The screens on the sun room gives me a muted filter when I shoot pictures through it.




It is my wife's birthday today.  She says she was born during a snow storm. The cake is a two layer white cake with the white supreme frosting. The lid of the carrier hits the top of the cake and the frosting sticks to it. I even separated the yolks from the egg white to get the perfect white cake. I had not done that for years. I almost was not successful but there was only just a bit of yolk in the mix.  I am ordering from our favorite Italian place supper.  We will check the menu on the net, call it in, and I will go pick it up for supper.  I ordered a gift on Wayfare and they do say it will be delivered today. For a while they said it wouldn't be here until Thursday.

We are taking our friend to see her doctor this afternoon.  I am sure we won't even make it into the foyer. It will be easy for her to get right on the elevator and go up one floor. It isn't going to be a fun visit for her as they will now discuss the options for cancer treatment.  It would be so much nicer if we could go with her.

Our virus numbers shot up yesterday when they finally released all of the people with the virus that worked at the one packing plant in south east Iowa. We are in a zone that is one number away from being in total lock down. Two of our nursing homes and long care treatment centers also are sharing their numbers. They are not good. Our county is still in third place in the numbers game but that isn't much to brag about. I am glad we are getting our friend to the doctor today before the reports come out today.  I do need to get groceries tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks for stopping by today.  In what sanity that I still have I am getting some words put together that may or may not make sense. Everyone take care.

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wishing sweet wifey a very Happy Birthday, on a snowy day....
The cake looks amazing, she's a lucky lady !
Our lock-down has been extended until the end of April, and then re-evaluated, it's ongoing I'm afraid.
Stay well dear ones.
Hugs,
~Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday to Della! How wonderful that you made her a cake and are getting supper too! Be careful out there...we don't have many cases as you but it is still scary. :(

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday to your dear wife. Be well and stay safe ~ Love, hugs and prayer for you both ~ FlowerLady

The Great Ethan Allen said...

More Snow here as well. About three inches. The Sun melted most of it, but it is currently snowing AGAIN! Crazy! I'm happy I did not plant any tomatoes early this year. I hope it at least is better than last year's gardening season.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Oh! I should wish happy birthday as well.. Snow made me forget it. Too bad about the cake top. I'm sure she will enjoy it and the thought behind it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Birthday to your wife!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday to your wife! I am sorry you got snow. I hope we are done with it.

I wish at least one of you could go in with your friend...she sure needs moral support during this.

Oh, that flower is beautiful...