Saturday, October 17, 2020

Saturday's Things.....


 The cold weather and wind is taking its toll on the zinnias. If your are tired of seeing them, they will be gone soon. I was inside yesterday so I checked on things this morning. I found my oxalis was shocked from the cold and it will be ok now that it is inside. I also see that I can clear away tomato plants as they all were hit by the cold.  I brought my begonia plants inside but they didn't get hurt from the cold. 

 


The group of flowers has started to decline. I will cut and bring in some bouquets when it warms up outside. 


My only knock out rose in the back yard is blooming freely. The neighbor garden to this has an old established knock out that is tall. It too is full of blooms. I moved it to this location early spring and I really like how it has developed in the new spot.

 


The hardy geraniums have done poorly this summer.  I am going to dig them and try to get them to bloom this winter. I didn't water them enough so I didn't get many blooms. I will be glad to have them bloom in the basement windows during a snow storm. 

I lost another person from my class yesterday. He was with me k-12 and lived in southern Iowa on his grandfather's farm.  I have lost two other classmates in the last years. Gary was a good friend when I would see him but I didn't see him often. The class of 1968 continues to shrink in size from a small group of 29 students. 

Nothing much to achieve today but I will just rest. I had a visit with my new doctor yesterday. I have new and different food choices to make now. Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I hope you liked your new dr. I have enjoyed your zinnias. I wish you success having indoor plants to bloom this winter. My neighbors rose has one very pretty red bloom currently that I get to enjoy. I had about eight Monarch butterflies in the butterfly bush yesterday evening, best wishes with the new menu choices,

Far Side of Fifty said...

So what is the scoop? Menu change must mean your cholesterol is high?? Hope you will adjust to whatever is going on. We got snow:(