Thursday, October 8, 2020

Thursday's Project....


 The chore for today was to finish painting the sealant on the deck floor and stairs.  I had half of the deck to finish with a roller and then I had to hand brush every single step, all sixteen of them. The one step includes the vertical back board. I was able to sit down on the step below and move it one step at a time. I was almost stir crazy as it was slow work. When I got down to the last four steps I decided I would make it.  If you are wondering, the sealant doesn't change the color of the wood. It was recommended to me and I was skeptical but when it rains I can see it repel water.


I am so glad to get that done. I still have some vertical ends to touch with sealant but I can do that in a half hour tomorrow. It was nice and warm and breezy making it comfortable.  The birds were upset when I was working up above but by the time I was a third down they were flying in and scattering ground corn everywhere.


Standing on the top step I can see the neighbor's trees changing colors.  I will see how long it takes for them to change and then drop them to the ground. 



Looking in the opposite way we see the large established tree. It had been there when this was farmland. The guy put up an new maple last year and the tree is changig in different parts of the tree. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You need a bigger roller to paint on the sealant! Glad you got that done before winter! :)