Thursday, April 28, 2022

Clouds Above....


 

The zoomed shot shows that the sun is back behind that formation.  As I now write this the sun has overcome it all and is shining brightly.


 

Progress takes place as the neighbors build a structure next to their swimming pool.  I don't know what its function will be but I would suspect it is a shelter and not a storage shed.  One of the carpenters brought his dog to work yesterday so you could see it helping and watching. 

 


 

Every year I bring in the pussy willow branches and they stay alive for a long time.  Each year I throw away rooted stems and it makes me feel badly.  I don't like to kill free plants.  I will think about where I could plant it as a new bush but I am not certain that I need to add anything more to my backyard. 

 


My new iris that was in a cardboard pot is doing well in the big pot.  If I had waited to put the Oregon based plant in the ground I doubt I would have ever seen a bloom this year.  I have some I planted last year in the ground that I will see bloom this season.


This morning I worked on the front row of Knock Out roses trimming off all the dead wood.  They really got hit badly with our cold weather this year.  I had to trim most of them down to the base.  I did have some stray branches sticking up and alive that I may trim back as the season progresses. Those strays will put out blooms and that is better than having no blooms.  I trimmed back another rose in the back corner garden this morning.  I had a stray left over bag of mulch that I spread out on the area back there to touch up things.  I need to buy a couple more bags for that area to make it look better.  I saw one sprout of asparagus in that area. It is nice to start working in the garden.  It was cold and very windy so I didn't stay out for an hour or so.  My neighbor mowed his lawn yesterday, cranking the mower down low, and it does look good.  I think I will wait for it to be more filled in and I won't have to cut it so short.  I think it is too early to mow grass but Gary is  probably bored.   

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

lots of lawns being mowed as I write this. They want to get the trim in before the next rain tonight. ( we shall see if it actually rains here...)

Val Ewing said...

I let my elderly mule mow a section of the yard yesterday. He was quiet and enjoyed it!

I like our yard mowed long, but then I live way out in the countryside and I don't worry about others seeing it. I've been known to fence off the yard and let my equine in to clean things up once in a while.

The clouds were amazing yesterday morning! I love the photos of them.
Have a great day!