Friday, March 24, 2023

Friday Fun...


 My wife's rocker from her Grandfather Cone is all made from oak.  It is an Arts and Crafts style and could be a Stickley rocker but I could not prove it. 



This footstool is definitely a Stickley footstool which would have been to go with the above styled rocker. I am not going to put it with it though and am going to use it with my wing back chair. The design matches the four Amish styled furniture pieces that we have in the living room. I found the piece on the internet with two hundred dollar prices on it.  I won't be selling it but enjoying it for its history and design.

 


 

I have one good scratch/puncture from one of the carpet tacks while removing the old vinyl covering on the piece. I bleed easily so I had to stop and bandage it.  The stool was reworked by someone else before me and I will now try my hand to fix it up better.  The stool came from our friend's Shari apartment when we closed it down for her. The apartment dwellers exchange furniture from each other and when people died they would open the apartment up for people to salvage what they want. Shari was always trading off different things to get other things. She would change couches and end tables. This stool was one of her last trades. We too opened up her apartment to give other people a choice of things after we had cleared out things. Some of the things that we had purchased for her we did retrieve.



While my wife shopped at a clothing store this morning I went to Petco and bought fish supplies and bird supplies.  I get millet for the birds as well as stock up on their daily seed.  I did not buy any more angel fish but I did buy some algae eaters. I picked up some specialized fish food for my betta fish and bought more fake greenery for the angel fish.  I read in my fish magazines that they really are happier if they have a lot of foliage to hide in.  I do want my fish to be happy.  It was quiet at the pet store early in the morning and I only saw one little dog that their owner was trying to fit a new coat on it.  It was so small that the coats were all too big.  I don't know if it was a puppy or if it was full sized.  I think it was a cute little dachshund. 

It was nice to get out for breakfast this morning and to shop a little. Weather wasn't too cold and nothing was falling out of the sky.  Have a good Friday.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nothing falling out of the sky here either. Nice to get out and about!

Val Ewing said...

I love that rocker! I will hopefully be able to get my Grandfather's rocker from my cousin in law this summer. It looks similar to the one you have.