Thursday, March 16, 2023

Thursday's Things....


 A sloppy painter can't find out the name of the paint that he has finished.  I used it the last two summers but the name of it is blocked.


This side didn't tell me anything either.  The one other side showed a paragraph bragging about their product.  Clark-Kensington paint is the name and it needed to be exterior white.  The hardware woman, who is a friend of mine, kept trying to give me the wrong kind.  At first she had interior paint,  Secondly she pulled down the wrong brand.  Thirdly we found it as I recognized the straw hat with wild flowers in it that was on the label as seen in the top photo. I will be painting today and will be working inside so I can't slop up the can.  The other can was used outside painting posts and under the deck with me climbing up and down ladders and pouring paint into other smaller containers. 



This is stage one of unpainted boxes.  I did get to use up a lot of the wainscoting scraps.  I can see we have snow coming again so I have plenty of time to get this project done. It will get to be boring giving each one two coats all sides and bottom. 


This snow is gone now after we reached warm temps yesterday. We are headed to a deep freeze again but this white stuff is gone. 


The snow is also gone from the melting.  The Canadian geese are snow free and have had a good rinsing off of summer dust. 



I took this shot as I was amazed at seeing the light shining through the glass balled feet of this piano stool. I don't think I have ever seen this  light effect before now.  

It is Thursday and thank you for checking in today.



3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I like that view showing the back of your house. I didn't realize how large the area underneath the deck is, nor that you have that big sunroom.

Val Ewing said...

What a great place you have!

So I am guessing that you are making a planter box? It will look really nice!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love your old piano stool with the glass feet!