Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Middle of the Week....


 


 


 I woke up this morning and was hearing the call of a morning dove.  Its call is so great and it can be heard in movies to fill in background for timber scenes.  My mom used to call them a rain crow and that they were predicting rain.  I do know now that they are not rain crows and I did fall into some jokesters of in-laws making fun of me for repeating it.  We would have them in the fence row calling while we worked in the vegetable garden when I was a kid. 


It feels like spring today.  I would go out and work at clearing flower gardens this afternoon if I were ten years younger.  It isn't going to happen. Instead I am working with a fish aquarium that I have emptied, cleaned and now need to refill with fresh water. I need to work on my feeding habits of the fish and figure out how not to overfeed them.  I guess I need to get a measuring tool and feed only a certain amount per day no matter what.  My granddaughter had a mishap with the food when she was here at Christmas. She seemed to pour in some food and I then had to clean out the tank after they were gone.  She is so cute that  she can dump the whole can of fish food in there and I wouldn't care. She will be four years old in May.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I've been seeing them too! We used to call them Rain Hawks. Hubby still refers to them that way.
I love their songs.

I did yard cleaning two days in a row. Whew. And I raked stuff back into the driveway.

Kids are great. I can recall little ones doing the same when I had a fish tank.
:)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Staying indoors was the best choice today, hopefully the sun will grace us with his presence before the weekend is over.
We used to have a fish tank, but ended being too needy, I do miss it though.
Be well dear friend !
Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

The fish and the tank are a bright spot!