It has been a long time coming to get this first bloom. The vines were so slow at maturing and yesterday the first bloom did happen.
The morning seemed to be a dull start with all of the clouds in the sky. We did clear up though and we have sun now. We didn't get the forecast rain. We made it up to 80 degrees F.
I found an older feeder in the garage and brought it out of retirement. I hung in down onthe main ground floor and can sit and watch them while I am resting from garden work. We have four or more hummingbirds so one more doesn't hurt to have out and in use. I do see the hummers hitting the zinniaa and phlox.
My trellis is getting good use finally as you can see the glories climbing up the slats. I have had to water the boxes to keep the vines growing in spite of the frequent rains. I planted leftover seed in there and right now all I have is magenta colors. I will wait and see if any other colors show up.
I have too many photos to be able to share them all. I guess I will work at finding the just very best photos and start tossing the rest. I have a new project starting again and I may have to mow the yards again as the grass looks so shaggy. Thanks for stopping by today.
No comments:
Post a Comment