It is so humid out there in the morning but the morning glories don't mind. I thought hot sun was their thing but I guess not. The white spots of pollen look like sprinckles of salt.
I do think my tomatoes would do so much better with some sunshine. We won't get any today. The season has been strange. The weather guy, Jason, says we will have two drier days but then we will go back into rain again. I got my iris bed filled up yesterday with soil and there was a short rainfall yesterday afternoon that helped to settle it all in better. I mixed some sand with it as well as some leftover potting soil to make my raised bed soil be more desirable. It was great to work with this morning as I did plant in all the iris that needed to be put back into the soil.
.
Experienced gardeners will all tell me that I planted things too close. I know that, but I am going to thin things out as I see what actually will root down. I had five new iris from the Oregon company that I got scattered end to end. Some of these are cemetery iris that I may just pull once I see a good grouping does mature. I also had iris from along my stairs that were just not blooming and were in a watershed area of water coming down through during heavy rains. When I dug them they were so wet. I was glad to move them out of there. I didn't get all of them planted and they are several laying on the concrete slab right now drying out. I will find a different place to plant them.
Some of you know where we went to eat at last night by seeing the mural. It was Friday evening. We went early and by the time we left it was getting too crazy. Lots of kids everywhere and too many people to be able walk back and forth to the buffet tables. Pizza, fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. It is the best. Lettuce was minimal and they put out lots of watermelon for the salad area where they usually have lots of lettuce. It is better to be safe than to be poisoned.
I had to mow a front yard that had gotten overgrown. It could have been mowed while raining but the mower would just clog up with wet grass. It was so long that I had to push it through at half the speed of normal. The front yard is smaller but it still took a lot of time to get it done. My neighbor's young grandson was out mowing earlier and I am not sure how he got it done.
We are at 84 degrees F. right now and the sun is really shining through. The humidity is very high also. For a while this afternoon the whole neighborhood was roaring as many people were getting their yards mowed. I mowed later and the neighbor boy across the street mowed at the same time.
Thanks for stopping by today.
No comments:
Post a Comment