Friday, November 11, 2011

Art show a'comin........




We spent 12 yours yesterday getting ready and putting up our display for the two day art show.  We have some tweaking to do this evening before the pre show to special members of the Rotary.  Saturday and Sunday will be the two days for the event and maybe I will sell something. 

Paintings do become like friends or a part of you so it is sometimes hard to let them go.  The barn at top I painted in oil many years ago but I finally reframed it. I have it ready to be taken away to go to another good home. It had a bad frame on it and I think I was trying not to sell it.  With the age of prints, I can make so many copies of the original so I don't feel like I am totally loosing anything.  I know the original is so much better than the print but our prints are really very good.

I am back at school today and will finish off my day as an art teacher. Been there, done that as you know.


Thanks for stopping by............I will be clicking lots of pictures the next couple of days to share the event .

2 comments:

Rae said...

Your paintings are wonderful. You are a very talented artist.

Prospero said...

Good luck with the exhibition, Larry (will you bring the dogs? - they love are shows).

The last painting looks like the view from my window (well, the view from here with binoculars).