Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thursday's Things........


This is a real bale of hay.  I took a double take the other day while in the school's woodworking shop.  The kids were creating for someone, two of them, fake bales of hay.  They were to be used as deer hunting blinds, that were as large or larger than this real bale of hay.  The were constructed with curved joists and then covered with a cloth mesh like material.  The color match was perfect for humans but I bet the deer could smell a person inside of them.

They are now positioned out in the field to allow hunters to fool the deer.  I don't know if they place them in a field with real bales but the fake ones were really good except for the little flap doors that were installed on the ends of them.


A gift from a blogger friend that I received last year.  I don't know if it is actually glass blown but it sure seems to be the real thing.  I really like it.  We hung this on our tree on Sunday along with our many other decorations.  The antique fish ones don't begin to look as great as this one. We put our largest tree up first this year and the small ones are soon to follow. We have a goal to get my wife's angel tree up tonight, or at least get started on it. The weekend is coming and we think we may be snow stormed in for the two days.  We will wait and see. If we are stuck in we will bring out the rest of the trees.


I swapped a violets with my wife's cousin giving her a multi-colored flowered one.  She gave me a deep red blooming one.  I am going to get back into the business of starting new ones from that violet and I have a couple of others that I want to duplicate. 



I have too many dark blue violets but they are the old fashion ones that just start the easiest for the leaf propagation.  I won't try to create anymore of those plants. I may have to find some new homes for some as I am up to a dozen plants and a third of them are all the old fashion dark blue, or some call it purple.

Today I am speaking Espanol in the classroom.  They are doing worksheets so I am not in trouble.  First hour class is a very mellow bunch but I don't think that the Spanish speakers are all like that. Hopefully the rest of the classes will be this great.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting about the hay bales!

I always enjoy your violets. Nice to get a red variety.

I took Spanish all through high school but I'm afraid I don't remember very much now!

I know you and Della are enjoying seeing all your beautiful ornaments and angel collectibles. I hope your snow won't be too bad. Stay safe.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a really cute fish ornament! You are way ahead of me..no trees up here yet..maybe this week. A red violet..that should be a good addition to your violet collection:)