Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday's Things.....


Our neighbor's booth was occupied by two different artists.  One was a retired art teacher who sold tessellation designs and the other was a stained glass artist who owns a business there in the town.  There are very few glass items as this was taken on preview showing night and she had not really brought much up for her table. She brought a lot of other things up the next day.

The Christmas tree is neat as it was made out of many pieces of twigs.  It was a display piece in which to hang free gingerbread cookies for visitors to the booth.  She had purchased it and I don't know if it was a commercial piece or a craftsperson made it.


This is a piece that Carolyn Guay created using a mathematical style of design to repeat shapes. Tessellation design was first found in a Dutch artist's work, Escher.  You can see there are different creatures among the repeating designs.


Another booth on our floor was a photographer who printed her work out of a special metallic paper.  I was not familiar with the material but she then mounted them on foam board.  The material has a glossy surface and I don't know if the photo is printed on the backside of the material to show through the clear covering.

I am tired again today from the weekend of work and will be troubleshooting all day.  The tech guy has stuff for me to do and I will pick up in rooms where teachers have to go to a meeting with an administrator.

Closing day was suppose to be today on my parents house but the support crew, a lawyer, doesn't have their work done.  I will get back to you on that one. I know I would never have been able to not meet a contract date but I will be patient one more time.

Thanks for stopping by my post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the different work from the other artists - very interesting.

I am sorry about the delayed closing. That is always so frustrating and stressful. Praying that it will be over soon for you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Tesselation design..thanks Larry I learned something new today. I enjoyed the photographers work too..very shiny!

Well ya know the Lawyer probably just wants to rack up more hours:)