Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cactus Shots.........


I have a new cactus in my collection of potted plants.  My neighbor was cutting her four foot high chandelier into pieces and wanted not to take the tall cactus back into her house for winter.



I shoved it into soil that was already in my Ruckel's stoneware.  It doesn't get drainage being planted in this but I will probably not water it very much to compensate for that.



Another view of the cactus.  It has sharp spines on the very edges so I will have to be careful with it. I like to bring them into the house and sit them in the spare room and ignore them.  It is too easy to overwater them.

Thanks for stopping by today.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a tendency to over water, too. Will this bloom around Christmas?

L. D. said...

If this cactus blooms it probably does in its natural habitat in the desert. My neighbor's grew to be so large and she never saw a bloom.

Debbie Lo said...

It's a really neat looking plant. How nice that you can add a totally different variety of plant to the beautiful plants you already have around your house!