Thursday, September 13, 2012

Experimenting with Composition......


I had mentioned earlier that I was messing with the camera and relaxing out on the patio last Saturday.  I like to see how many different views of an object that I can take.  I like to try to get a composition that doesn't require me to crop the photo.  I am amazed how I can do that if I lean on my design  instinct.















I need to move on now to taking photos of my sedum which is in partial bloom.  I learn by doing as I snap pictures and I never ever thought that I would have such a great moss rose gardent this year sitting on my patio table.


Homecoming week at school and it is chaotic.  It is fun for the kids and a little unnerving for the staff.  We spent some creative hours yesterday making floats and posters.  They painted storefront windows uptown and the middle school got involved with decoration class room doors.

Friday is coming.  I have only a half day scheduled for tomorrow of work but that can change in a single phone call on Friday morning.  We had a soaking slight shower all night last night and now it has stopped.  Homecoming parade will be in dry weather and the game tomorrow night will be in cold temperatures.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Homecoming that was always great excitement at school that week! Have fun! :)

Patsy said...

Your flower composition looks great. Happy Friday and week-end.

Anonymous said...

Such amazing shots, Larry. I remember the excitement of homecoming in high school. That all seems so long ago. I hope you only have to work a half day and that you get to rest over the weekend.

Debbie Lo said...

Very pretty composition shots!

Sounds like you and the kids had a great time during homecoming events! Did you get to ride on a float?