Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday's Post




Tom Tom is waiting for his next free meal.  In the most part, he isn't hungry.  He wants to be petted and rubs against your leg to encourage you to do so.  He is tame but one does not pick him up nor do you try to put a flea collar on him.  Maybe when cold weather gets here he can be flea free.



We finished up the last of the fallen apples from our tree by making pie.  The apples are pretty bruised up or bug bitten but I peeled around many a flaw to get good apple slices for pie.  Della made two regular sized pies and one smaller one in an antique glass pie plate.  She froze one of them and baked the other two for our enjoyment.



I am the expert crispy maker.  I am still five years old and I get to roll out the leftover dough for the cinnamon and sugar. It is a great way to get to taste my wife's crust before the pie has cooled.








We have a second spring going on with the dandelions and my creeping bluebells. The main planting of these are being mowed down as they are all dead.  But over to the side these blooms are showing.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture of Tom Tom. He looks very much like Blue's brother that came to visit us.
Your wife's apple pie looks so delicious. I can remember mama making crust with sugar for us. Thx for a long forgotten memory!
The creeping blue bells are so sweet.
I wish you both a blessed and relaxing day.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor Tom Tom fleas are the worst..and I suppose he gives them to Barney and Button too..or carrys them nearby. I hate fleas..Chance has never had them knock on wood. You have fall blooms:)

Debbie Lo said...

Wow, the pie looked delicious! I'd never heard of "crispies" before, but they look good too! It's always nice when you can use leftover fruits and veggies from your yard to make goodies to eat. :-)