Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday's Things.........


The aronia berry bush keeps giving me great fall leaf color.  The bush was a short sprout when I first planted it and now it is about six feet tall.  Hopefully it will spread out  more and put out a lot of fruit.



I think it is in to stay.  I brought the hardy geranium in as there was a promised freeze warning.  It didn't freeze but I think I don't want to keep carrying it back and forth to the patio.  The sun was shinning just right when I took this shot.



I don't want to share the total story about my African violets but our city did some major changes to our water quality.  I lost almost half of my violets before I could figure out that a chemical was killing them.  I would think that same chemical would not be good for humans.  This violet survived and it is the first bloom I have had in a long time.

I still have all my new starts, sprouted leaves,  ready to plant.  I bought some special planting soil for them and some of these days when I get stuck inside because of bad weather or cold weather I will start to plant them into pots.  I have about seven or eight new starts and also have a few plants that need to be divided.  I  had a dozen violets and I bet when I regroup than I will have that many or more again.  I just am licking my wounds over the loss of so many violets and I will just get back at it.

I was unemployed for a couple of days but I am back now covering for a sick teacher. It sounds like it is a bad cold that is hitting a lot of the staff.

Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi larry, Too bad about your violets..do you have some way to collect rain water? Then melt snow in the winter..I bet your violets would love it! :)