Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A HOT Wednesday.......


It is very early in the morning and my dog has me out side already.  The neighbors outdoor light is still on above the door of the garage. It is a cool 70 degrees with 96% humidity.  I am assuming the heat dome over this part of the country is forming as it effects the clouds in the early morning.


The heavy rains yesterday caused floodeing everywhere.  We had four inches of rain in the rain gauge but I am thinking a half inch of that was from a previous rain. I collect water at the garden shed from off its roof.  I have water to use for the tomatoes out there as things start to heat up today. We will be very hot for days to come.  High heat and humidity makes the index become a dangerous time outside. 


The heavy rains beat up all of flowers leaving petals shredded and phlox flowers laying on the ground. All the hardy geraniums will need to regroup now as they look pathetic.  They will spring back quickly though.  




The crowd before the rain looks good.  The outer edges had some weaker stems so they now are laying on the ground after the daylong rain.

I have completed some major frame projects this summer and everyone who picked up the work was very pleased.  One person gave me a big tip on the bill because she was so pleased. The next project with pictures coming up will be making a shadow box to hold numerous old sewing items of someone's great aunt.  All of the stuff was removed from the dusty old basket and I have placed it all out to view before I create.  Unfortunately the most of it has to be washed and dried before it can be displayed.  I have numerous crochet hooks and antique spools of thread to place in this shadow box. It will be a great challenge and when done, the people will think it was such a simple thing to do. 

I was up very early with Button this morning so the day will be a long one.  I will stay inside as much as possible. I know a lot of my blogger friends will be in the heat dome today.  I hope all will stay safe and inside.  Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

THE FLOWERS HERE ARE FEW NOW AND IT IS HOT,HOT.
Well it looks like I was shouting at you with the caps on.LOL