Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday's Findings in the Files......


A photo from the past shows how heavy the humidity has been here. The cell phone can take photos that are different than a regular digital camera.  I don't understand that phone camera but I keep having surprise photos of interest when I use it.



I did my part by putting the morning glory seed in the ground. In this case the ground is in a planter.  I also keep it watered.  I also have moved it to a woven fence area in the dog pen so it will have plenty of room to grow vines.  Now I guess all I can do is wait for a bloom.



The daylily is doing well in this location.  The one next to it will be dug and moved to another location.  It is just enough in the shade of the tree that it didn't bother to send up stems with buds. I have two of this lily show in different locations of the yard.



The red lily continues to bloom.  The wet spring helped it have many blooms this summer.  It acts like most of the daylilies with it havin at least two or three blooms open all of the time.



I spent time yesterday putting on more wires to support the tomato cages.  The cages don't really work that well but with them secured to the fence they should not fall down.  Tomatoes will still sprawl but to the most of the main part  the plants will stay in control.  I have 12 plants along this area and they are all in bloom now. I don't know how long it takes for them to mature from bud to fruit. I will know as the things progress.













The composite is finally in its new home and out of my house.  I installed it yesterday being the only person in that wing of the building. I guess janitors were all at the other end of the building or are on a summer break.  It is so nice to get this job done.  I remember now that last year I didn't get the photos that I needed to do the composite until the first day of school.  The guy who had the photos was off coaching baseball in South America somewhere.








A special effects photo with the sun shining through the petals.  None of the colors are true to life.

We are having cooler weather now for a while.  The humidity is low and the day should be a good day.   I hope all is well with you and thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

I love the special effects daylily shot!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Cameras see things a little different than us. Some of those colors are hard to capture. Love the light through the lilies!