Sunday, July 3, 2016

Good Morning, World.........


Up in the morning in Iowa and it is cold. The sun was shinning through the trees on the left but it just would not take with the cell phone.  The clouds are hanging around from yesterdays weather making clouds.  Lots of rain in southern Iowa and we just had sprinkles.


While out with the two dogs I glance over one more time to see if this lily had bloomed.  It has bloomed, one flower per the three tallest stems.  Many more buds there to give me many more blooms and photos.


I have been waiting and watching for days and yesterday the buds were looking large and white.  I doubt you can see it but these are the largest lily variety that I have.  Its bloom is probably twice the size of all the other kinds that I have growing out there.


It was a nice greeting at 6:00 in the morning. As cold as it is, the plant doesn't seem to care.  I think the tomato plants are growing slow with all these low temps but some hot sun in the day may compensate for it.  I do have blooms on some of my tomato plants now.



Jose, formerly known as Meow, Meow, does make himself at home.  He is living on the porch this summer even though his home is next door. He was sleeping on the steps last night when I was out with Button at 3 in the morning.  The sound of the racoon was out there too.  It was too cold to hang around to see where the coon was hiding.

Sunday is a good day for resting.  I hope all have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by for my morning reports.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

love the lemon lilies, I think Meow, Meow loves you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your yellow lily is just perfect! Wonderful light on them! :)