Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunny Sunshiny Day.........


I had two butterflies in the garden yesterday.  I have not seen many  all summer.  There are some of the all white ones and sulfur ones.  Otherwise it has been maybe too hot for them.  This red admiral never did open up for me to get a shot of its great colors inside.


At the very same time this swallowtail also was hanging around.  It was too hot to be outside but I was watering tomato plants anyway.  The two of them were hanging around so I headed back into the house for the camera.  I was able to get a few good shots of each and then they were gone.  I posted two other better photos of the swallowtail on my Photo a Day blog today. Check them out and view that stained glass window design more clearly.

In the middle of the night the neighbor's cat stays on the porch or on top of the car.  He might ask for food if he is hungry. If it is 4 in the morning when I am up with the Button the dog I just go ahead and put out a half cup of dry food. He may also just ignore us and just keep sleeping right there.










This is a sunflower seedling that just mow popped up.  I guess we will see what it can do being that it really is too late for it to start growing.  I planted twice in the one area nothing was germinating.  I guess I will make it my science experiment to see if it every makes it to a bloom stage.  I guess there are three of them growing in that spot now.










I planted a whole package of zinnias and they too had a hard time germinating.  Out of the whole package of seed I only had 8 plants that grew. They are just now mature enough to start putting on buds and this one is blooming.


The weather people keep screwing up with their predictions and really like to pad their projections.  Magically at 7 o'clock last night the whole state was going to transform into a cooler state.  That didn't happen.  We are 81 degrees F. right now at 8 o'clock in the morning.  They are now trying to tell us that we are have a cooling trend with it being in the upper 80s. One degree less than 90 degrees is not a cooling trend.  As we all suffer through this I hope everyone has adequate cooling in their homes.  I wish everyone to have a safe and restful day. Thank you for stopping in today.


2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

So gorgeous, you really do have a green thumb Larry !
The kitty knows you are a friendly neighbor, I dare say he would stay at your house on a daily basis :)
~Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great butterfly shots! At least you have some to photograph, we have very few up here so far anyway. Stay cool! :)