Friday, July 1, 2016

July 1st.......wow!


I am always covering the blooms this time of year but now I can share cherry tomatoes on the vine.  I  can now see by viewing the photo that this branch is showing ripening fruit.  This is a photo taken with my little buddy riding along.

With  my Button under my right arm I am getting different abstract kinds of compositions.  I don't usually see coneflowers overlapping like this but it makes for a great photo. I have so many less coneflowers this year but I am glad to have the ones that I have.


I have two plantings of this same variety of daylily.  I brought the one back from my parents home in the south.  I had a practice of buying two things of the same and then sharing one with my mom.  She was never very excited about me planting things as she thought she would have to take care of it.  She didn't know until the next year that she was glad to have it and it didn't require any care.



The hydrangea blooms are now going in to their next stages of bloom.  They are turning green and the final change will be brown.

My fancy clematis is growing up the trellis. I have not seen any buds on it at this time.  I have been watering it as we were dry for a long time before we got the last two rains. It too looks a lot puny.

I am going to do a partial mowing today of the lawn.  I don't think it has grown very much but it needs to be cleaned up a bit.  We are cold today and I will have to wear a long sleeved shirt  to keep warm while I mow.

It is Friday and I will try to wind down on at least one of my projects.  Framing big things always brings forth complications.  I did get the glass purchased for the crochett.  When I saw the glass I thought this client didn't know what they were getting involved with here.  That is a lot of weight to hang on the wall.

I need to visit the raspberry patch today to see if the black bugs that eat them have moved into the patch. If they are there, I just quit picking as they dig inside of the berry to eat and I don't want to eat them.


Button insisted on having a selfie taken the last time we were out photographing. He loves to be carried and I really don't mind to tote him around the garden.  I thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Dear little Button, sure you both are enjoying the garden.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hiya to Button! You will have tomatoes before you know it! I Hope you are having a a good weekend...cool here today too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet Button.
Your tomatoes are looking great.
As we pack to move, we are patching holes where heavy, large pictures have hung. The worst holes to patch were where John's big tv was mounted to the wall.