Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday's Bouquet.......


This photo really does symbolize how great the flowering season has been in my yard.  Iowa usually is hot and dry with sporadic rain.  To have the frains that we have had no flower that did not bloom.  In the past I have had years when phlox didn't show, or the field lilies would put out a token set of stems with buds.  This year everything is doing well.  I even have volunteer tomato plants coming up in a couple of my planter pots.

When I placed this window box planter here three weeks ago it had struggling starts of hardy geraniums in it.  I went ahead and planted a couple of morning glories in it to vine up the trellis.  Finally I can see that everything has rooted in and the planter is filled with foliage.  The morning glories are all those large leaves and there are a lot of vines headed up the trellis.





The burning bush is doing well with all the moister and it is creating a forest in my yard.  I don't really want ot trim it back yet but maybe this fall I can do that.



























I will keep working on the frame job today.  I have some new ideas on how I am going to make it happen.  I have all the crochet things made by the woman washed and dry ready for their being placed in the arrangement.  We watched the "Titanic" movie last night and it reminded me that the women whose stuff I am framing was around during the time of the sinking of the ship.  I have papers that are from 1907 among all the other things in the old basket.

We have a couple of errands to run today and the morning is actually cooled down for a while.  We will hit 89 F. today so we are not out of the furnace yet.   Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

So nice to have a year of plenty, your Sunday flowers and butterfly with
Lots of color and lush greens.I enjoyed!

Red said...

Some years are frustrating and we don't know why. Others we have super results.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We all seem to have had a good growing year this year, maybe all that rain in the early Spring.
Your flowers are always so healthy and prolific.
~Jo